Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wahoo!! Last P-day in the MTC

[Letter from 8/3/11]

Ciao Ciao!

How is everyone?! I am just going crazy with anticipation right now. I
want to be in Italy so bad, but at the same time, I am so nervous to
get there and not understand anyone! It will be a huge change, but I
know that the Lord will be there with me the whole time.

So I am leaving the MTC at 4 am on Tuesday the 9th. Our flight to
Chicago leaves at 7:15 and we will arrive in chicago around 11:15
their time. I have a 6 hour layover there until London and then to
Rome. I plan on calling home while in chicago. Not sure what time that
will be for you all, but I will call then.

Mom, could you dear elder me phone numbers for Brit, Parker, and Dad
if he isn't going to be home when I call. If you could get the family
to be around when I call, then that would be ideal. THen I can talk to
everyone at once. ALso, would you prefer me call the cell phone or the
house?

This last week has been really tough to stay focused on learning
because we are all just so excited to go to Italy. Our teachers are
even getting excited for us and have been bringing pictures and
telling more stories and such. I can't believe I get to go to such a
beautiful and historic place. I couldn't imagine a place I would
rather go to. And the food will be so good...especially compared to
cafeteria here. But even better will be the people. I can't wait to
meet the people. I've heard they are such open, loving, friendly
people. Serving them will be so amazing!

I don't think anythnig really big happened this week. I got called to
speak in church this last sunday. It was on repentance. It was in only
Italian, but I read most of it...except for my testimony.

Crazy connection...I met this sister in gym the other day who looked
familiar. She said the same thing, so we started talking. She's from
Phoenix. Goes to ASU. We met on a group date last summer. It was
pretty crazy, because she has pictures of me. Small world. Her name is
Jen Jones. (Mark Stoker, you should recognize that name if you are
reading this.)

Also, I am going to send a package to this place called Post Mart.
It's address is 2250 N. University Pkwy (near shopko). The number is
801-373-5900. It's free to send packaged from the MTC there and then
when it is arrived, they call the person I'm sending it to. I'm going
to send it to Brittany. So I NEED brit's number ASAP and address and
I'll just send stuff to here and you can get it when you come to utah
or something mom. Okay? This way we save money.

That's about the end of this week. My love for the gospel is only
growing and I just get more and more excited to go share it to the
Italiani. Today was our last day at the temple for 14 months. So sad.
Oh well...I'll go right when I get home.

K love you all!!
Sorella Heiner

P.S. If anyone wants to write me real letters, send them to my mission
address because they probably won't get here in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment