But I have something somewhat cool to share. I went rock climbing today! Not indoors at some gym, but outside in a real rock canyon. I have been repelling before, but I have never been rock climbing. I think rock climbing is much more difficult. It was so hard this time because it was cold outside and snowy/rainy so my fingers were frozen. This made gripping the already slippery rock face difficult. The other hard part was that the rock face we climbed was smooth and flat. There were hardly and ledges to grip. I really would like to go again and again though until I get much better at it, but next time I go, I hope it is warmer. That would make it a lot more enjoyable.
Also, in the end of March I might go to Disneyland with Braden's cousin's! I just need to find a flight I can afford that fits my schedule. I have been dying to go to Disneyland for quite some time and here is my opportunity. In addition to Disneyland would include a day at the BEACH!!
Yep, the beach! With warm sand, roaring waves and the bright sun beating down on me. I miss my dear friend the sun. He has left me for quite some time, but we will be reunited soon enough. I can't wait for that.Tonight I went shopping with a guy friend of mine. After, we ate dinner at the Cannon Center (The cafeteria for freshman dorms). This was an interesting experience. I totally forgot how strange and immature freshman can be. Of course not ALL freshman are strange and immature, but it sure is a difference compared to return missionaries. I never noticed the difference as drastically until tonight. I met some of the freshman boys for BYU's baseball team and boy are these kids immature and disrespectful.
I am not even exaggerating. My friend (he's on the baseball team) and I went and sat at the table near some of his teammates and ate dinner. The whole time, these other guys were making rude comments and just being so immature. They were even throwing food at each other and swearing up a storm. It was disgusting. And then I decided to be polite and ask them their names and stuff to just get to know them a little better. Half of the table tried to tell me their fake names such as "Sabastian" and stuff like that. And one even touched my butt! I was ticked when he did that and had to use every bit of inner strength and self-control I had to not punch him so hard. I mean, who does that?! We are in college people! That is not the way to get a girl's attention or to NOT get her attention. It's a way to make a fool of yourself and disrespect someone so they know how big of a retard you are! Oh man, if I ever see him again and he does something of that nature again he will wish he had never laid his hands on me. Someone needs to teach him some manners and ASAP. I am so ticked!
These boys were all freshman and although a few of them were kind and respectful, others were quite the opposite. I sure hope they go on missions because those two years really force a boy to grow up and become a man. I am so grateful the Church has young men go on missions as soon as they turn 19 because they sure need it. I am also extremely grateful for my wonderful guy friends I have who have been so respectful to me and other women after and even before their missions. Their parents taught them well and I hope they continue to teach their children and so on for generations of the right way to treat women and how to behave. No one has an excuse to behave like that.
For anyone who reads this, make the decision now to teach your children (especially boys) how to behave and how to treat women for women are so sacred in God's eyes and things like that should not happen. Chivalry is not dead, it has just been forgotten and needs to be remembered and passed on. It is a beautiful and wonderful thing.
So glad I am not in a freshman dorm anymore...i'm just saying.
P.S. Yay for Superbowl tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment