
What is this? Anyone know?

It's a cello. This is my all time favorite instrument in the history of the universe. I have played this instrument since I was in 4th grade--that's about 11 years. I'm not very good at it and don't have much time to practice, but playing it and hearing the sound of it brings me great joy. It is the best instrument because it is not too high like the violin and not too low like the bass and it doesn't get looked over quite as much as the viola (which is often mistaken for as a violin by those who don't really know their stringed instruments). It has this deep, but sweet mellow sound. It can be so joyous or so depressing sounding. It is the most well-rounded and beautiful instruments. It's also absolutely stunning by appearance. I need to make a point of playing mine a lot more. I think my own cello is beautiful...unfortunately, I am at school and can't take a picture of it right now, but maybe I will eventually.
Want to know why I chose to play the cello when I was a naive 4th grader? It was because in the elementary school orchestra, the cellists got to sit down while everyone else (bass included) had to stand. Ha I am so lazy! Who knew I would fall so madly in love with this instrument.

So now to telling you one of my dreams. There is this Chinese man named Yo-Yo Ma. He has been playing the cello since he was like four years old. He is INCREDIBLE! Absolute favorite cellist ever. I'm not sure how much tickets are, but before I die, my dream is to see him perform live. I haven't heard of him performing in Utah or Arizona often, but I know he performs in New York quite frequently. So if he doesn't come to me...I just might have to go to him. Maybe one day my husband (unknown at this point) will surprise me and take me to see him in New York. Would that be amazing?! Wahoo! Go Yo-Yo Ma! He's my hero!

we've been listening to him in humanities. most def sweet
ReplyDelete