So getting to skype the family was absolutely awesome. I was really nervous that you would be able to tell all the weight I have gained, but I guess it is just my pasta belly that I have. Um everyone seems great and Keightley is super tiny. I wish I could hold her. I miss holding babies and playing with little kids. We aren't allowed to do that for liability reasons.
I got the two packages that arrived at the Mission Office in Rome. The CDs from Ian (I assume you are my secret santa by the verbage of the letter) and the one from mom with make up and such. It is all great and I am excited to listen to the stuff. Also...mom, when you send me another package, there is one thing I REALLY need. You seem to forget this one every time. It is LIQUID CONSEALER by CoverGirl. Ask Brittany if you don't know what I am talking about. It has a blue handle and is the color Buff Beige.
Parker, I have not recieved your package yet, but I am keeping my eyes peeled for it. THanks in advance.
So for dinner Christmas Eve, we ate lots of seafood!! Yuck!! For one of our appetizers, we had raw salmon on slices of bread with mayo. Then the first course was spaghetti noodles with lots of seafood stuff. Like crab arms, mussels, shrimp with shell on and some with shell off, little squids, some slices of octopus, and other nasty sea creatuers I can't remember. It was aweful, but everything was cooked.
Then the next course was these big red shrimp things...WHOLE. Legs, eyes, tail, everything. Cooked also. We had to peel them ourselves and touching them freaked me out really bad. I was like shaking the whole time from touching them. Then we had whole fish...pink fish. With eyes, fins, and bones and everything. And I asked, WHY IS THIS FISH PINK? and the dad of the house said, BECAUSE IT IS A PINK FISH! It was really funny, and I was slightly embarrassed. THen we had our fruit course. THen dessert. It was really bad...but an experience of a lifetime. Only Bari eats like this for Christmas. I heard the rest of Italy eats normalish stuff. Still think I live a charmed life mom? Ha Oh and I told them that dad really likes seafood and so they said they will make sure to make something for him when he comes. Also, everyone sets off fireworks on Christmas Eve. It kept us up past 1 in the morning. It was really annoying. And I kept having nightmares of those shrimp running all over me. Not a weekend of alot of sleep.
Christmas day we had church all together with the other ward. THen members brought food for us and we remained at church and ate with the missionaries. We had way too much food, which we are still living on today.
Monday was a holiday here, and so we got a missionary holiday, We were allowed to watch a movie. So we watched Tangled and Up. Oh man...I miss movies...but while watching the second movie, I kept thinking about how I want to go out and teach people. It is strange how the mission changes your way of thinking.
Well I am going to attach the pictures from this weekend, so gotta go. Love you all and have a great New Year. I will hear from you in 2012!
Love always,
Sorella Heiner
=====================
Christmas Eve Dinner!
Here is all the food we ate.
Here is a nativity scene we have in our church. A member made it. THis
is pretty much how all of the nativity scenes here are like. Can you
find the important part with Mary, Joseph and Jesus? Haha

No comments:
Post a Comment