Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"I used to be a PRAYER WARRIOR!!" --Patience from Nigeria

[Letter from 10/26/11]

Ciao Tutti!

So I got a package with letters from some of the Young Women in the ward! It was fabulous. And they sent me a toothbrush which came at the perfect time because I was about to go buy a new one. They were definitely inspired. It was great to get this from them, and I will write them back soon. But tell them I got it and thanks. They are all so sweet. And also tell them I say they need to share their testimony of the Book of Mormon with one of their friends. Okay? THanks.

So Thursday we went to Rome for Zone Conference and it was amazing! President is so great. I learned alot and found more enthusiasm to work hard. On the way there though, it started raining like crazy! The train we were on had electricity go out 3 times on the way there. The busses were PACKED with people and everyone was freaking out. It was super fun though. They said it was the worst rain storm they have seen
in years. It was so bad that the metros were flooded. A great adventure though!

Friday we made lasagna ourselves. It was my first time making lasagna and was pretty yummy. The trick is making the sauce. I've never liked lasagna until I got here. And here it is probably my favorite thing. We also taught Andreina and she commited to praying about the BOM and coming to church. She also gave us a bunch of paintings that she did. SHe is a really great artist and has her walls at home covered with
them. It's so cute. I will probably send some home. SHe has a talent. We also commited Rosaria to pray about the BOM. WE just made copies of the Moroni's Promise thing from the October ENsign and gave it to them. It is so great. And we found out that Rosaria and her boyfriend broke up. Sad thing, but good because now she has more time to see us and if he was a negative opinion about the baptism thing, it is now gone. So we'll see how that goes.

Saturday we went to visit this Less active Paola in Anguilara. It is a beautiful little town by Bracciano Lake. Super cute. Poor Paola is so far away from the truth now. We read from the BOM with her and she was saying how she doesn't understand why Christ had to come to the Americas. That question has come up alot this week alone. Everyone is curious now as to why Christ visited the Americas if there were people
all over the world. I'm not sure why it's come up now, but now I need to really figure out a solid way to answer that. Sorella Foote said it was like the Americas is like one half of the world and Jarusalem was like the other half. But if anyone has any better 'evidence' or answer, that would be great to have. But Paola said one thing that just hurt so bad...she was talking and referred to this church as 'your church' instead of 'our church'. She is a member, but doesn't accept it anymore. So sad when someone goes that far. And this is all because she found out her husband had another family, so she left him and the church. Now she has nothing, it seems.

So we were at church in Relief Society, and Raffaella was there with us because she loves coming to church. And in walks Andreina!! All three of us were on the verge of crying because it was so great seeing her. She has 84 years and is just so tender! It was the best thing ever. Seriously, I was so happy. And our lesson was on President Monson's talk about the temple. She had so many questions for us, so we taught her a lesson on temples on Monday and she seems super excited about the Rome temple being built. But she left before Sacrament meeting...so that was a bummer. But piano piano...she will get there. I just hope she gets baptized before she dies. Haha

We did finding sunday night by singing I am a Child of God for people and people actually really liked it. We got a couple numbers from it and people who want us to come back.

We sang the National Anthem before going to bed the other night....Proud to be an American!! Ha but really, we did. It was fun.

Also, we teach English Course and I teach advanced class and they were telling me about a company of chocolate here called Parugina Chocolate and it's supposedly the best. So this class they presented me with a chocolate candy from there. It was so kind and made me so happy! Ha and there is this couple there who live together and the boyfriend loves to cook. So they want us to come over for dinner on Saturday. I
am quite excited for that one! My favorite thing is to teach English Course because these people get to realize how normal we are and it is a great way to accustom them to the gospel. Love it and Love them! They are all so funny and great!

Well, gotta go. I am happy and working hard and love hearing from all of you.

Be happy and safe,
Love always,
Sorella Heiner

P.S. Congrats on going through the temple Garrett! You better at least send me one e-mail about what you thought of it and before you leave for your mission! I love you! And good luck out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment