Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ciao, my exclamation button on the keyboard doesn't work so i imagine everything being read in a monotonous way....like a robot. HA

[Letter from 10/19/11 - sorry I fell behind, everyone!]

Hey everyone,

So biggest news I have for you all is the on Monday we recieved a third companion. Sorella Chelsea Buma from Sandy, Utah. She was serving in Catania. So now we are in a trio. We don't know exactly why president wanted her here, but she is great and we are happy to have her. She is about halfway through her mission. Sorella Foote goes home at the end of this transfer too...but we don't talk about that. It is a sensitive topic.

So we have this somewhat investigator named Tiziana. And we watched the Restoration with her and then talked about Joseph Smith. She has already been taught everything awhile ago. She told us that she sees Joseph Smith and Moses as exactly the same thing. She doesn't think there is a difference between them. We were thinking, EXACTLY. So then we asked her if there really was a prophet on the Earth today, what
would she change. She said nothing. Haha She doesn't understand the restoration...but at least she somewhat understands that Joseph Smith is a big deal like Moses.

Rosaria is not on date for baptism anymore. She was set for the 22nd, but isn't ready. We are teaching her when she has time, but it's really slow right now. Really sad because she was so solid.

An old investigator with Sorella Foote before I came, named Cristian, was on date for baptism with them but then moved to Spain. Well...he's back in Ladispoli. But he didn't get baptized because he couldn't get to church on time for Sacrament meeting in Spain and he got scared. So we are meeting with him again. THe missionaries who taught him in Madrid were also sisters and one of them was SOrella Clark. Who is
from Bedford and was in the room right next to me at the MTC. Small world huh?

Speaking of small world, we were in the city where the cruise port is, Civitavecchia, and were walking towards the train station to go home and I told Sorella Foote that I would just love it if some American member going on a cruise would recognize us and just yell, 'HEY SISTERS'. Well about 30 seconds later we hear, HEY SISTERS. Haha I could not believe it. It was a couple from Salt Lake City waiting for their shuttle to the hotel before the start their cruise the next day.
It was so funny. The Lord is definitely a God of miracles and looks to bless us with the most ridiculous tiny things. Now I would love to see someone I know from back home. Haha. Vediamo.

That's all I can think about right now. But thanks for everything. You all are great.

Love you,
Sorella Heiner

P.S. MOM...I need you to send me a bunch of Reece's cups for my English Course students. I was telling them all about Reece's cups and they want to try them. There are about 20 students or so, so if you could get some to me, that would be great. If not, don't sweat it. THanks. Love you.

And Hayley, thanks for the pictures and email last week. Amira is growing so fast. I hope you are healthy and not too sick. Two more months. yay.

And BRITTANY...Happy Birthday...Remember a year ago when we were at disneyland? Ya I miss that. I can't wait to go when I get back. But I hope you have a great birthday. Love you.

Happy Birthday to Jonathan Blomquist too. You are getting so old. Watch out for gray hairs. Haha

***

These pictures are old. The first one is the seafood I ate my first monday here. It's squid, octopus, shrimp, and clams. Not my favorite at all. But I tried it.


next is the swiss alps when we flew over them to get to Rome.


Then the Vatican...San Pietro Basilica. It's the Pope's home.


Then Sorella Foote and I inside the Sisten Chapel. You can't tell that is where we are, but it is.


Those water things are everywhere. It is safe water. usually we fill our water bottles with is, but it is fun to drink out of it directly.


The Colloseo...obviously.


This is in front of the Spanish Steps, which are behind me. This is supposed to be the sweetest water in Rome or the world or something. there was a huge line to drink from it. Tasted like normal water to me and probably wasn't very sanitary. Oh well.


Trevi Fountain....yes, i threw a coin in and made a wish. But I don't remember what I wished for. Ha


Pantheon. Really cool, inside and out.


That's all I have time for now...but just know that this is only a little taste of how beautiful these things are. Can't believe I am living here and see it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment