Saturday, June 20, 2009

Africa WHAT?!?!

My beloved boyfriend, Braden opened his call tonight. I honestly had no idea whatsoever where he would go. I kind of feared him getting stuck in the states like he dreaded...so I didn't want to guess. But he forced me to guess and on the little "official" guess sheet, I predicted Scotland. Not because I actually thought he would go there, but because I think it was the country on my mind at the time because we were watching something on TV about Nessie the Loch Ness monster there. Although Scotland would have been a way cool place to serve a mission, Braden's actually mission is even cooler...



Ghana Accra Mission. English speaking (for now). October 23rd, 2009 in the Ghana MTC.



These are what my roommate Dani would call a "holographic" mission. You know those Pokemon cards that were all the rage many years ago? Well the very rare and special cards were all sparkly and stuff--those were called holographic ones. So to relate those to missions, the very rare and special missions are also called holographic. Not that the non-holographic ones are bad...but holographic ones are just so exciting.


Who would have thought he would serve people who are in tribes and live in huts and wear loin cloth things. I mean, Braden might even get to go on safaris and see real wild lions and elephants and such. I wonder if he will have to eat spiders and bugs and animal brains and other gross bizarre things. Maybe I should do some research. Too bad it's late and I am tired. Research will have to wait for tomorrow.



Goodnight and Congratulations Braden! That is super exciting! I am so proud of your decision...I hope postage isn't too expensive.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha I'm loving this so far.
    I like your last comment on hoping postage isn't expensive. I think anything over seas is 93 cents! nuts, I know.
    keep these posts coming!

    ReplyDelete