Okay...so I don't feel like writing very much, so I am sending alot of pictures. And the first one is of the Russian Orthodox Church of Saint Nicolas. Pretty crazy.
ANd the second picture is the Chiesa Russa (russian church) sign. Both of these pictures are for all of my friends out there who served your missions in Russia. I get Russian religion too without the cold snow! Haha.
The next picture is Sorella Hicks and I eating hot dogs American style. We found this stand by the main train station and they sold hot dogs american style. So we just had to try. They still weren't as good...wait, I don't really even like hot dogs. I guess I just miss America. Ha But it was a good change from Pasta and Pizza all the time.
This is in Foggia on our way to the baptism there. The Anziani in Foggia (our district) had a baptism and the convert now (Salvatore) wanted us Sorelle to sing for his baptism, so we went. But this is a gas station with that wierd tower thing...we called it their Rameumptom. Ha Oh the jokes we make as missionaries...so pathetic. I always told myself I wouldn't become a dorky missionary with horrible style and bad humor...but a third of the way in and I am exactly that. THe worst part, which hurts me inside all the time, is wearing the same shoes every day even when they don't match very well. I wear my black comfortable shoes because they are the best for walking. I can't wait to have my shoe collection back and not have to wear flats with a skirt anymore. So yeah...the Rameumptom!
The next 4 pictures were in this glass display case also on our way to Foggia's baptism. These are all things made from cardboard boxes and paper bags. How awesome is that? I think they are amazing!! I don't know who did it or why, but it is cool. Some people are so talented. There is a violin, a couch, sheet music, a coat hanger, a dress, a tv with speakers, some tennis shoes, etc. Enjoy!
Then the other two are from english course on Thanksgiving. We (Slla Hicks and I) made thanksgiving dinner for our students and for the Anziani. The Turkey whole was impossible to find, so we got 4 drumsticks and two wings. They turned out yummy! But there were a few feathers on them still and the skin from around the ankles. It was REALLY gross! And we baked an apple pie, had rolls, and mashed potatoes and gravy. We had a lesson on gratitude and shared our blessings. It was really powerful with the spirit and all. Really great thanksgiving and the students were amazed!
Well we also set a baptismal date with the aunt of our bishop. It is for January 7th. Her name is Dora. More info to come!
Love you all,
Sorella Heiner

No comments:
Post a Comment