Thursday, October 13, 2011

Email from 10/5/11

Ciao!

Thanks for the e-mails family...love you too. Now I really feet
forgotten out here. Not to mention that it is super hot again. I feel
forgotten, deserted to dry up in the heat. Kidding...but
really...where are you all and why didn't a single one of you e-mail
me!?!

Since no one e-mailed me, I have nothing to respond to, so here is my week.

Elisa is still planning on being baptized, but she was sick for a
whole week so we need to talk to her about moving the date back a
little bit. She has had a really hard life and has had 40 years of
struggling alot. But she has had direct guidance from God to lead her
to the church. She says that happiness is impossible for her to have
in her life, but maybe she can find peace. But as we continue teaching
her, I notice her becoming more happy. She may not notice it yet, but
I can see it. This last time we met with her, she gave us bacci...that
is a big difference from just a handshake. It is great teaching her to
really learn and see firsthand how the gospel and especially the
Atonement can free people from their sins and afflictions. It makes me
even more grateful for what Christ has done for all of us and it only
becomes a more powerful thing as I see all the things Christ really
had to feel because I haven't had to suffer much in my own life. I
feel like I have lived a very easy, simple life.

We haven't been able to see Rosaria at all this last week. Once we set
the baptismal date with her, she just got super busy. But we will not
give up on her. We keep stopping by and seeing her sisters and mom.
She isn't avoiding us, just got really busy randomly with school and
work. It's crazy how good Satan is at keeping people from the waters
of baptism...but don't worry, God is better. So Rosaria will get
baptized.

Francesca is still dying in the hospital of cancer. But when we come
and talk to her about the gospel, she seems more happy and content
aobut the idea of dying. She really finds comfort and peace in the
hymns, so we sing hymns together and she is really becoming more like
Christ as this disease is eating at her. She even brags to her other
visitors about our church and he she is a member of it and that it is
a great church with such wonderful people. There is almost always at
least one person with Francesca at all times (except in the night).

So Thursday we went back to this man at his barber shop to bring him a
Book of Mormon and before we could talk about it, he got distracted
with our eyes and then our eyebrows and explained how we needed help
with our eyebrows. He sat us down in the chairs and did our eyebrows
(i let sorella foote go first in case he shaved them all off...haha).
He did them with the old school razors like at a barber shop. He
actually did them really well and told us to not touch them but to
come back each week and he will touch them up. He said he'd do it all
for free. Haha. But then we talked a little about the Book of Mormon.
He was grateful and we are going back tomorrow.

Our investigator Andreina was a little bothered by the fact that the
spirit told Nephi to kill Laban. But we talked to her about it for
awhile an explained it and she seems to feel a little better about it.
We told her to just ask God about it and see how she feels. She also
said she has felt the spirit tell her this is true TWICE!! Once with
us when we were teaching her and once when she was reading the BOM.
But she still isn't sure 100% if this is the true church. AHH! SHe
knows it's true and still hasn't come to church or agreed to get
baptized! Definitely takes alot of patience...

Conference was AMAZING!!! We only got to watch the first three
sessions and the relief society broadcast. The Sunday afternoon one
was too late for us. And I heard Elder Holland in Priesthood session
was just tearing apart the priesthood. I can't wait to read that. We
now have to wait til we get a copy of the Liahona to know what was
talked about in those two sessions. But Elder Callister's talk was
like perfect for us. Every missionary here was saying how we want to
just have copies of that and pass it out to teach everyone. It was all
the points that people bring up around here. And my favorite talk was
Sister Dalton's about how to raise a daughter for the Dads. It made me
tear up. It made me really miss you, Dad. I definitely have been sooo
blessed with a great life. I have a strong, priesthood worthy father
who has taught me so much about the importance of this Gospel. THanks
dad! and mom! You both are incredible people. And the family is so
important for a strong church member and satan knows that...so he goes
right to the core. He is attacking families in every direction with
every weapon he has. But He still can't stop this work, or slow it
down...not a chance.

GOtta go, thanks for everything. I expect some e-mails next week.

Love you all,
Sorella Heiner

P.S. I got the package with my cord in it mom. But I don't have time
to send pictures home right now. Next week. Love you!!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment